rear adj uca QUESTION

05ghost

Reaction score
INSTALLING A REAR ADJ UCA IN A 07 GT THAT LOWERED 1.5.
HOW do you set proper pinion angle ? I have the angle finder gauge,but instrustions arent real clear. Any help would be great thanks guys

05ghost

Reaction score
Thats doesnt help me . I need to know how to find the pinion angle for a 1.5 lowered car ? Whats the formula to get correct pinion angle ?

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Whats the formula to get correct pinion angle ?

Formula: Measure+adjust+verify+test=correct pinion angle.

So... Build a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Go to Lowes/Home Depot Racing, and buy a cheap angle finder, with a magnetic base. With the car on the ground, slap it across the pulley on the harmonic balancer and write down the angle value. It will probably be something like 2.5* or some such. Now, put the angle finder on the FACE of the flange at the input to the differential, and measure and write that number down. You want the two numbers to be equal when the driveline is under load. As a result, you'll want to pre-load the differential angle a bit. How much depends completely on your control arm bushings, and how stiff they are. With Heim joints, roughly 0.5* extra angle would be good, with stock, roughly 2* extra, and with poly, somewhere in between. The extra angle will put the pinion flange slightly nose-down compared to the balancer (which is exactly parallel to the trans output flange), and this is the preload you're looking for. When you hit the gas, the pinion will try to rotate up, and you're dialing in extra angle to compensate for that. Once you have the angles measured, adjust your UCA for your target angle, re-measure, then test the car. If you have high-speed driveline vibes, add a bit of angle, then retest. If the vibrations got worse, go the other way. You will eventually find an angle that is vibration-free, as long as the shaft itself is in balance.

Tip: If you can't get the angle finder on the flange, use a straight-edge held against the flange, and then put the angle finder on the straight-edge.

Oh, and the search function CAN help. All this has been covered before.

fun4me

forum member
Reaction score
Using the stock DS also gives you a bit of leeway, correct?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back