The Offical Jegs 15" Wheel Thread

Black Tooth Grin

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know the bogarts use spacers. i was commenting on someone saying the fronts fit with no grinding

The OP said in his first post that the fronts required spacers. Even listed it with the wheel info.

Hell of a find man. I may pick up a set of rears. Not that concerned about the fronts just yet.

matt texass

Reaction score
I believe the 05 has different rear calipers than the 06+. The 05 has the smaller, width wise, rear calipers.

kbchevlvr

forum member
Reaction score
I believe the 05 has different rear calipers than the 06+. The 05 has the smaller, width wise, rear calipers.

if that is true, than that is the the trick. put an 05 brake set up on. i was just ready to pull the trigger on 18" drag radials, then i read this.

can someone confirm the brake difference between the 05 and 06 ?

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
this is all good, however i don't particularly like how the front tires stick outside of the fender. did the op say that with a little grinding on the front calipers they can be installed without a spacer? i also wonder about putting the v6 brakes on the front....

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
this is all good, however i don't particularly like how the front tires stick outside of the fender. did the op say that with a little grinding on the front calipers they can be installed without a spacer? i also wonder about putting the v6 brakes on the front....
I was thinking the same thing on the v6 brakes. That way run the stock studs,no spacer and be legal at sanctioned events at the track. I think I will start looking for some v6 brakes to trade.

ROUSH STAGE 4

ANIL8R
Reaction score
Guys, the op is using a 7" wide tire on that 4 1/2" rim too. If you were to mount a narrower tire it would probably not stick out. I've also heard the same thing about the calipers being different sizes for different year models as well. I know these will work with my brakes because my car was built at the end of 2004, but I would research the caliper thing to be sure they will fit your application. These are a great find none the less...thanks for sharing it with us Jared!

kbchevlvr

forum member
Reaction score
jared,

any chance of you snapping a picture of your brake set up....front and back?

matt texass

Reaction score
When I was grinding my calipers last month I looked at my roommates caliperso on his 05 and they were totally different and seemed much smaller.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
The problem isn't whether the early calipers are smaller or not. The problem lies in the distance from the outside face of the caliper to the mounting flange of the wheel. The early caliper could be physically smaller but have the same distance as the late caliper.

matt texass

Reaction score
Either way I grinded the shit outa these calipers and it ended up working with a small spacer in the rear. I would feel more comfortable with extended studs but that is for a later date.

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 with the jegs prostar wheels on the front (same as the OP)......my spacer was thinner than his, and I had to do a little grinding. Not THAT much grinding but some was needed. I need to test fit the rear wheel on my car i guess for you guys and see if the rear calipers are any different from 2005 vs. newer cars.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 with the jegs prostar wheels on the front (same as the OP)......my spacer was thinner than his, and I had to do a little grinding. Not THAT much grinding but some was needed. I need to test fit the rear wheel on my car i guess for you guys and see if the rear calipers are any different from 2005 vs. newer cars.

can you post a pic? do the wheels stick outside the front fenders?

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
The problem isn't whether the early calipers are smaller or not. The problem lies in the distance from the outside face of the caliper to the mounting flange of the wheel. The early caliper could be physically smaller but have the same distance as the late caliper.
Zackly!

US-1

Banned
Reaction score

This statement has been "Don Approved". :beerdrink: :beer:

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Say the calipers on the 06+ are slightly larger, the same rear wheels being used by the OP should probably work with a small spacer wouldnt they? Im thinking of trying it with my 06 and maybe ordering a 1/4 in spacer to try just incase.

autumn_again

Reaction score
i am doing the same front wheels, and ordering the rears monday.

i am having problems with the front, even though i got them to work before. i am having a problem with rubbing in one spot, so i'm thinking its probably something i'm doing wrong.

giving it another go tomorrow.

i am going to be running ET style lugs instead of the stock lugs, simply cause i ruined one of the stock lugs so if i was going to replace em, i figure i'd upgrade. ET style lugs should be better for these style wheels IMO.

cars an 07 if anyones wondering.

black05stxjt

forum member
Reaction score
just make sure that you tighten them down evenlly....i cant stress that enough

Back