07 Aluminator build

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Steeda is pretty silent about this so far.

Anyways here is my dyno sheet! 400ftlbs @ 2krpms!

finalbrookstuned.jpg

I'm thinking about doing a little shot of nitrous for the track.

hammeron

forum member
Reaction score
very nice explict! that much torque at low rpms must feel great.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No I have the GT500 TB.
I still have some small issues to sort out with my car before I can judge its driveability!

fucked slave
fouled spark plugs
and now the pulley.

Speaking of which I was told to order some HT0's so I could play with the gap a little. I bought a bunch of them and they have the arc shaped outside electrode. Can you gap these?

dagamore

Poor Driver mod
Reaction score
not impressed with steeda, every time i have put their stuff on it has caused problems, mostly due to poor instructions and the inability to download new/updated instructions.

I doubt i will ever by anything made by them again.

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
No I have the GT500 TB.
I still have some small issues to sort out with my car before I can judge its driveability!

fucked slave
fouled spark plugs
and now the pulley.

Speaking of which I was told to order some HT0's so I could play with the gap a little. I bought a bunch of them and they have the arc shaped outside electrode. Can you gap these?

You can - but it's easier with a special tool. Sean Hyland makes them I think. You screw the plug in one end and there's a jackscrew in the other end that pushes against the ground strap on the plug. If you have a block of aluminum and a tap and die set, you could make one up easy enough. I buy the Brisk plugs because they're a regular J-strap electrode and therefore easier to gap. The Mustang Shop has them in stock in the 0 heat range for blower applications.

I screwed around with the McLeod adjustable slave twice and couldn't get it to stop leaking. Last time I went with the stock slave (both the GT500 and the GT use the same one). It works fine.

You should really raise shit with Steeda - our summers are too short to screw around with lack of customer service.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is not much timing thrown at it either (it made 500whp with 10 degrees) and the spark plugs are fouled pretty good....

cycosarge

forum member
Reaction score
525 HP with 17# of boost...

That can't be right.... is this on a Mustang dyno? I say this because I make more rwhp than you do with only 10 pounds of boost.

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought it was the other way around. Mustang dynos read lower. Hell, I'm not sure and if it's not set up right who knows.

jonnieguns

forum member
Reaction score
525 HP with 17# of boost...

That can't be right.... is this on a Mustang dyno? I say this because I make more rwhp than you do with only 10 pounds of boost.

I know another guy at 525 on 11lbs with a TVS. May be apples to oranges, though

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
On your Steeda 10-rib issue, are you sure you have the right belt? Is it possible the belt jumped? The belt guides on the upper pulley are quite tall - if the belt rode up on that there might have been enough force to snap the pulley bolts. I know when I ordered my kit - they sent the wrong belt. Fortunately I ordered the low boost lower pulley and belt combo too and the belt numbers were swapped. I had both right belts but only by fluke. Maybe there are witness marks on the inside of your belt that would point to this as a cause.

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
Lol probably because when I first talked to him I said I wanted low to mid 500's.

So why nitrous then when there should be some left in the tune? Perhaps a more aggressive tune for the strip would be cheaper and less a pain in the ass than nitrous.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back