2010 GT500 steering wheel/air bag in my 05

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
As soon as I get my car back from the new motor build and new turbo kit at BBR I will be doing this. I am going to have to run the wires for the buttons though. Thats gonna suck a little.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
I htink he installed a navigation out of a '10 edge or something which is sony but i'm also curious as to whether or not they work yet. I asked on another board before it was hacked..d'oh!

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
Do the buttons work if you would just wire up the connectors on the ford plug to the sony/aftermarket radio adapter? I heard someone say that the buttons might not be powered unless going through the computer or whatever so it would need external power. I don't really know any details as I don't have the steering wheel yet however I will be getting it soon and hopefully getting the buttons to work...

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
That was me. I was just saying I was pretty sure the buttons were not powered. If you have the Sony/Pioneer radio, I think all you need to buy is that adapter I linked, and then run the wires from the steering wheel to the adapter. All of this is heresay until I get my car back and mess with it a little though. I will probably need to buy a harness for the steering wheel buttons to make this work, also, and who knows what I am not thinking about it.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
The cruise buttons are easily wired up, and the buttons all light up like they should. However, I really don't think you'll get the radio controls to work with any part of the factory stereo system in the 05-09.

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
The cruise buttons are easily wired up, and the buttons all light up like they should. However, I really don't think you'll get the radio controls to work with any part of the factory stereo system in the 05-09.

No they won't work with the factory stereo system, but I am almost positive they will work with the Sony/Pioneers that have optional wired remotes. I need to see if BBR_John can order me this same stering wheel too. (John are you reading this?)

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
No they won't work with the factory stereo system, but I am almost positive they will work with the Sony/Pioneers that have optional wired remotes. I need to see if BBR_John can order me this same stering wheel too. (John are you reading this?)
I can get you one as well if he can't.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok I got it to work, using the existing wire harness from the old wheel and the new one. To make the cruise work ; Black (new harness) to Green (old harness), Red to Red, Brown to blue, grey to white. If you want the lights to work on the radio control Red to red, amd black to green. The lights on the steering wheel are blue not green. Here is a pic.
pedrosjunkstuff229.jpg

Where did you get the speedo/tach plate, and how did you switch the two?? Need to do this.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score

Didn't you make a post somewhere that you went with a '10 navigation system from another vehicle?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back