Broken Manley Intake Valve

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
True but I would trust Mike at livernois to salvage whatever could be salvaged from it and send them to him.

He will give honest feedback as to what he can do with it.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
YEah im just wondering and trying to figure out how expensive it would be to repair it if possible, if its very expensive and it wont be as good as the other head or as it should be ... ill just buy 1 drivers side core and send it to port.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Are the Manley valves marked Manley or how can you tell what valves you have if dont know what was put in a car?

RRRoamer

Reaction score
That's the nice thing about aluminum: you can fix just about anything, including this damage. The REAL question is this: is the damage severe enough that a NEW head would be cheaper than a repair???

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Are the Manley valves marked Manley or how can you tell what valves you have if dont know what was put in a car?

uhmmmm what do you mean ? I bought everything as for the valvetrain, had the Manley boxes, sent the valvetrain to a known shop here in my town, he gave me back what he replaced in the heads.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
uhmmmm what do you mean ? I bought everything as for the valvetrain, had the Manley boxes, sent the valvetrain to a known shop here in my town, he gave me back what he replaced in the heads.
I was reffering to anybodys head and valves. Are the valves thereselfs marked as Manley.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Well I phoned this guy at Manley because I never recieved the email I was supposed to recieve long time ago.

So basically he told me around 100000 possible reasons why the valve broke and none of them has to do with the valve itself.
1.- Bad seat angle
2.- Bad alignment
3.- Spring misspreasure
4.- Not a good guide
5.- blah blah blah blah

so anyway, I never expected to get anything replaced from them because we all know how this type of issues end when theres a big company involved. :tdown: (most of the time...)

He even asked me if I wanted back the valves I sent them to check but I should be paying for shipping ... :wtf: :tdown:

I´m done with Manley stuff, and anyone planing in buying stuff from them, all I have to say is good luck.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Well I phoned this guy at Manley because I never recieved the email I was supposed to recieve long time ago.

So basically he told me around 100000 possible reasons why the valve broke and none of them has to do with the valve itself.
1.- Bad seat angle
2.- Bad alignment
3.- Spring misspreasure
4.- Not a good guide
5.- blah blah blah blah

so anyway, I never expected to get anything replaced from them because we all know how this type of issues end when theres a big company involved. :tdown: (most of the time...)

He even asked me if I wanted back the valves I sent them to check but I should be paying for shipping ... :wtf: :tdown:

I´m done with Manley stuff, and anyone planing in buying stuff from them, all I have to say is good luck.
Well, that sucks... but not totally unexpected.

Are they associated with Dynatech/AFCO/A-Fab by any chance?

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Manley

1.- Bad seat angle
2.- Bad alignment
3.- Spring misspreasure
4.- Not a good guide
5.- blah blah blah blah

I am sorry to see your loss,but thats drag racing,shit happens & there is no warranty on any performance parts,especially purpose built engines for racing.Do i agree with it ,no,but that is fact.
If someone offers a warranty on there parts for a purpose built engine,i would run like hell,as you have been told 10000 reasons why it might have failed,putting the blame on others,ie politicians,insurance companys,lawyers,etc.
I once had a boiler leak internally causing $3000.00 in damage to the unit,the manufacture said yeah our gasket failed,here's your $2.00 red rubber gasket,the other parts that got wet are not our problem!
You can speculate as to why it came apart(your motor) but thats drag racing,shit happens,just like the waiver we sign when we enter the track,not responceble for damage or injury.Once you accept the fact,there is no warrany on purpose built engines for racing your healing will begin.
Can anyone tell me where they had a engine built for racing & windowed the block @ 6900rpm & had the parts or labor or both completed under warranty??????

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back