Broken Manley Intake Valve

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
I´d agree with that but after using the valve for 30 miles and it just simply broke, thats plain stupid.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep. You had 30 miles of casual driving. Not drag racing

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
as stated before.. get an independent engine builder to isolate the issue and go to small claims/ reg court. Thats your only option. Also report it to the BBB if they are affiliated.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
That does suck. Any word on possible repairing the head?

Yes the had can be saved, but I need the $$ to send it to Houston TX to repair, 24 new valves (posibly Ferrea) new Valvesprings and Retainers (I dont want to use any Manley Shit in my car) and 24 bronze guides.

So everything in total is some good coin and I´ll have to wait for a while :tdown:

Last edited:

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Broke

I´d agree with that but after using the valve for 30 miles and it just simply broke, thats plain stupid.

We all agree with your situation,hell even Manley would agree that it sucks.
Manley or anybody that manufactures parts for aftermarket has no control over who assembles them,tunes the car,the fuel in the car,the driver etc.

Thats why when i build a engine for race purposes i don't spec anything,i tell them what i need (hp,torque,compression etc) & let them spec the parts,purchase the parts,run the engine on the dyno for 30 min-1 hour with me present,putting the engine through all phases of its limits,then have them install the engine in the car & chassis dyno the tune etc.
Then i pay the balance owing,knowing that it has been done & is operational to my requests.
If i go down the road 20 miles & it blows up,knowing it was working fine on the dyno thats what can happen & those are the risks you & i are willing to take in the name of performance.
Man i do feel for you as i know what those heads are worth.
Keep us posted!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back