Project Kama Kaase (Ka-zee)

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, thats what gave me the idea. Unfortunately, with everything else I have to do with the car, the Boss Nine is out of the budget. But for just a few more thousand, that would be a sweet set up.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Paul, a glide will handle it.....We have glide's in car's alot heavier then your's.....Give me a call and I can get you a deal on either one....

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know the Glide is strong enough, what worries me is the lack of 3 gears in a N/A car weighing 3600 lbs.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Paul - very cool, I hope is some small way my thread on the Kaase Boss car was the spark to ignite your previous inspirations to go ahead with the build.

Your going to have a bad azzz drag car when your done! Looking forward to the progress.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
I know the Glide is strong enough, what worries me is the lack of 3 gears in a N/A car weighing 3600 lbs.

What worrie's exactly are you having?...

There are plenty of N/A cars out there running glide's and weighing over 4000 pounds.....

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What worries me specifically is the "first" gear ratio, which looks almost like 2nd gear for most cars. Based on the cars weight and lack of gearing, I really think the 60' will suffer. Do you disagree I take it?

If the car would end up being 3200lbs with me in it, I would do the glide in a second, seeing how I could also save at least 40 lbs or more over a TH400.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Paul - very cool, I hope is some small way my thread on the Kaase Boss car was the spark to ignite your previous inspirations to go ahead with the build.

Your going to have a bad azzz drag car when your done! Looking forward to the progress.

Yeah, thats what pushed me over the edge you bastard! Actually I posted elsewhere over a year ago that this was the direction I was going to take once I decide to make it an all out drag car. The accident pushed the timeline up quite a bit, as I no longer drive the car on the street. So with that, why race a "race" car that is a street car? I want to race a race car.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what pushed me over the edge you bastard!

:thumb2: glad to help! :poke:

Actually I posted elsewhere over a year ago that this was the direction I was going to take once I decide to make it an all out drag car. The accident pushed the timeline up quite a bit, as I no longer drive the car on the street. So with that, why race a "race" car that is a street car? I want to race a race car.
makes sense to me - I'll admit to some thoughts of envy!

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
What worries me specifically is the "first" gear ratio, which looks almost like 2nd gear for most cars. Based on the cars weight and lack of gearing, I really think the 60' will suffer. Do you disagree I take it?

If the car would end up being 3200lbs with me in it, I would do the glide in a second, seeing how I could also save at least 40 lbs or more over a TH400.

Well if you were running more 1/8th mile, I would say glide in a heartbeat and gear the car 4.30's and call it a day...

But I thought about you guys running 1/4 a lot.....We have mostly 1/8th's around here....In that case, I would say the 400, if not the 350....the 350 is a little lighter, and we have 350's outlasting some 400's nowadays due to the fact of the aftermarket piece's available for the 350's now....

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WOW I did not see this coming.... Im so interested it's not even funny lol

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is one hell of a project Paul. Can't wait to see the end product. You looking to kick some CK :moon2:.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't even considered the TH350. Not much of a weight advantage so might as well go 400, right?

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't even considered the TH350. Not much of a weight advantage so might as well go 400, right?

Very true....there are a few guys around that look at every ounce....cough matt cough....LOL..

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Subscribing to this one... looks like it will be one HELL of a fun ride there Paul.

Keep us updated. :cheers:

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
You know it bro :thumb2:

I am with ya....I guess that is why I was recommending the 350 over the 400.....I was working on mine again this morning and it looked like a lawn mower going through grass 2 feet tall.....

Sorry, back on subject...

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
Yea this looks all kinds of badass. I hope you take lots of idle and drive by video's when it's done. :thumb2:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back