Project Kama Kaase (Ka-zee)

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
I guess they would create drag at 150 mph, but I just did it because I hate the stock elephant ears. I weighed them for laughs, 4.5 lbs for both.

its funny you say 150 because that is the exact speed that they begin to cause a lot of drag you can pick up like 3-4 mph in a mile by taking them off

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your thread.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome Paul - will watch with interest...:thumb2:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your thread.

Grab some popcorn and take a seat. :popcorn: Oh, can you grab the Chevy wrench? Its the 10lb sledge hammer in the corner. Thanks.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I was looking at a couple CFM calculators, most were saying around 1100 cfm with a 545 @ 7500 rpm assuming 85 % VE. Should I be looking for 1300 cfm?

I don't care what the calculators tell you. I made that mistake on Clevelands and 460's. If it says you should use a 1050 then buy a 1250. Welcome to Canted Valve Engines - 101.

I was readng through the first post and became interested. I have a 460 block that currently geting magnufluxed and hot tanked for a new build. Although mine will be more of a street/strip combo, going into a Fairlane Super Sport or a mid 80-s Fox.

I was looking at the P-51 heads also. Mine won't be a race car only so I will not be using a domintaor carb (yes, you will) or a mechanical cam (you should). We will be somewhere in the 600 rwhp place stroked to around the 545 ci mark.

It should make 600 hp without breathing hard at that cubic inch mark. Hell...I can make 600 hp with a 466" engine, stock heads, and a hydraulic flat tappet camshaft.

ROUSH1711

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Best of luck,this a nice buildup.
Glory will follow soon enough :thumb2:
King Leonidis would be proud!!

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You trader!! Mod Motors rule!!

j/k good luck now maybe you will be able to whip my car. lol

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
You trader!! Mod Motors rule!!
"Trader"??? How about:

Main Entry: trai·tor
Pronunciation: \ˈtrā-tər\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English traytour, from Anglo-French traitre, from Latin traditor, from tradere to hand over, deliver, betray, from trans-, tra- trans- + dare to give — more at date
Date: 13th century
1 : one who betrays another's trust or is false to an obligation or duty
2 : one who commits treason

:roflmao:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No maybe. Definitely going to.

I don't know about that - Ken may go turbo before you finish this build....:roflmao:

You gonna come see my car fly next week? Wished the tracks were open this week - I am ready to go!

dagamore

Poor Driver mod
Reaction score
??? How about:

Main Entry: trai·tor
Pronunciation: \ˈtrā-tər\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English traytour, from Anglo-French traitre, from Latin traditor, from tradere to hand over, deliver, betray, from trans-, tra- trans- + dare to give — more at date
Date: 13th century
1 : one who betrays another's trust or is false to an obligation or duty
2 : one who commits treason

:roflmao:
is it possible that he thinks you work in sales? and if you do would that be a bad thing? and what does it have to do with mod motors?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, this weekend I tore down the engine. Took the whipple off and the cylinder heads. Props to Adam from ST Motorsports for building a great motor. Everything looked like new inside. The cam caps, all of the cylinder bores looked awesome. Going to pull the motor next weekend and check some rod bearings.

Engineteardown.jpg

Engingteardown1.jpg

Cylinderhead1web.jpg

cammaincapsweb.jpg

cylinderhead2web.jpg

valvesweb.jpg

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your valves are dirty...:evillaugh:

Seriously - looking good. Do you plan on making the March PCSA at Fontana? I'd love to line up with you!:evillaugh:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No, not that quick. Hopefully by end of summer I will be ready. Depending on how fast you go will determine whether I add the bottle or not....... :evillaugh:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back