Project Kama Kaase (Ka-zee)

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is one sweet build you have going. I'm going to follow it closely. I bet I learn a tone from it.

habu

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Way to go Paul :clap:I've always loved the 385 series motor and seeing another one go into a S197, much less a local one is just fucking cool. I cannot wait to watch this thread and see the car run personally.

Slight aside, I've been looking to put a 385 in a older f250 and been over at 460ford.com a bunch lately lurking, the P51 heads are awesome. This is going to be a monster you're building.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
DAY 1

Easy day today, just took off the easy stuff

Removed headers and exhaust
Removed the CAI, the radiator, fan, water pump, alternator, pulleys, harmonic balancer, tensioner, power steering, a/c delete

Took off the door mirrors, replaced with block offs.

Should be getting my modified bogarts from Rich at Bogart racing this Monday. I had the 1 inch spacer removed, now that I have strange race brakes. This will make the front tires sit under the fenderwell where their supposed to be.

Next up, will remove the transmission tomorrow

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good link, I remember seeing that a couple years ago. Its actually very impressive when you realize WHEN they were doing that.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And an 1150 won't be enough. Call ProSystems and get a real carb.

I was looking at a couple CFM calculators, most were saying around 1100 cfm with a 545 @ 7500 rpm assuming 85 % VE. Should I be looking for 1300 cfm?

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree with SD, I would call prosystems and discuss your plans with them.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Paul disappointed in a way to see this. I use you as a benchmark as I continue to get my Gen I Whipple running faster here and there. Hope to continue to lean on you for future pointers. On the other hand this looks like a cool project and can't wait to see some vid from the track. Good luck.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the GEN I was absolutely done at 20 psi (2.625 upper, 10 percent overdrive lower, stock heads, cams). I was already above the maximum blower speed. I am sure I could have broken into the high 9s if I was willing to spend $4K on heads, cams, retune, but in the end I didn't want to spend $4K for a 3/10ths-4/10ths of a second.

Simon

forum member
Reaction score
I was readng through the first post and became interested. I have a 460 block that currently geting magnufluxed and hot tanked for a new build. Although mine will be more of a street/strip combo, going into a Fairlane Super Sport or a mid 80-s Fox.

I was looking at the P-51 heads also. Mine won't be a race car only so I will not be using a domintaor carb or a mechanical cam. We will be somewhere in the 600 rwhp place stroked to around the 545 ci mark. This moor is alrady 30 over, so I will not be boring it out anytime soon.

Looking forward to the entire build.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
Very cool thread. I've been thinking about something similar for a while now. I keep going back and forth between a BBF and a high winding SBF. That is why i went with the TH350 instead of a 4r trans when i did the auto conversion. Price was a factor as well. Call MArco Abruzzi when you are ready for a trans. He can help you decide btween PG, 350 or 400. He is very well known in the industry.
www.Abruzziracing.com

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I was looking at a couple CFM calculators, most were saying around 1100 cfm with a 545 @ 7500 rpm assuming 85 % VE. Should I be looking for 1300 cfm?
Come on Paully... admit it. What you really want is dual quads! :thumb:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Umm, yeah! But I think that would really be overkill. By the way, I have my car up on 4 jack stands, took the power steering stuff off, now going to start on the transmission.

I need your lift---would you install that thing already?

IMG_3358.jpg

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How much weight did you save on the mirrors? Think not having them will help any with drag?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess they would create drag at 150 mph, but I just did it because I hate the stock elephant ears. I weighed them for laughs, 4.5 lbs for both.

Judaspriess

forum member
Reaction score
Subscribing.

I will be in San Diego next month and going to Pomona for the NHRA (12-14th), could I stop by to check it out?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes your welcome to. PM me and I will give you my address. I live about 45-1hr away from the track.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back