You are not going to believe what I pulled out of my muffler...

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
lol "kool-aid" wtf

Sounds like they aren't standing by their product very well. Good luck Greg.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
For the price of kooks, they should def. come with better cats!

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
LOL..thanks Luke....I need to thank Otis for noticing it, if he had not said something I would have tried another pass and that would have been the end of that engine.

What kind of fucked up karma is that though??? Otis saves your engine with his observation, but loses his the next day on a casual drive? :wtf1:

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Is there an O/R H pipe that bolts right up to the KOOKS long tubes?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Called Kooks and left a message as well as emailed them what happened...we will see!

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Is there an O/R H pipe that bolts right up to the KOOKS long tubes?

Well since Kooks H bolts right up to pypes and since the Pypes Offroad H comes disassembled in 4 pieces I would venture to say that a Pypes Offroad H pipe will work perfectly on both Pypes and Kooks Long Tubes Headers. Pypes Part Number: HFM55. I have this sitting in the box waiting to go on my car, Greg's story scared me so I am going offroad and saving the catted H for my visual inspection, unless someone here in hampton roads can hook me up with a "place to go" via PM. Here is the Pypes Offroad H pipe (Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic when the batteries are charged in my camera I can get another one):

photo.jpg

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to make you spend more money Nick but better a little now vice a lot later!

How much was the Pypes setup and where did you get it from?

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
No if anything you opened my eyes and I thank you for it and am glad that neither one of our cars suffered, too bad there were other's before us. I picked it up from brenspeed during black friday for $153, along with my gauges and pillar pod, going to install everything at once. I was going to have a shop do everything at once but that was some crazy coin, about the same as L/T header install, so I am probably just going to bolt up the H myself and run the gauges and maybe down the road weld up the H.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think it took me maybe an hour to remove the exhaust from the headers back and swapping in the off road H should be 15 mins at the most; the longest part would be jacking up the car to get under there.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Yeah it won't be hard I did that before when I did the shorties, just was kinda amazed when I priced to have the offroad H welded up, talking like $250+ and then with doing the gauges, $475+

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yikes..was that with Kienen?

The boost gauge is easy to do as well...buy a T from Advance, route the tube from the vent to the engine compartment and you are done.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Yeah, them and someone else. Oh well won't be hard once off the ground, if I have some small leaks I'll get it welded later.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back