07 Aluminator build

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Those injectors look too tall to for use with the whipple manifold. Some creative spacing will be necessary.

Last edited:

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
Those injectors look too tall to for use with the whipple manifold. Some creative spacing will be necessary.

You're right - I believe those are 1/2 inch longer than stock.

I'm using aftermarket fuel rails and had to make half inch standoffs for the holdown posts. I also had to relieve the underside of the intake tube to clear the MAP/FP sensor.

You'll also need to get a set of wiring harness adapters to make them work with the S197 harness.

Last edited:

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
Def gonna follow this build since this is basically what I have in mind when the money allows it, LOL.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You're right - I believe those are 1/2 inch longer than stock.

I'm using aftermarket fuel rails and had to make half inch standoffs for the holdown posts. I also had to relieve the underside of the intake tube to clear the MAP/FP sensor.

You'll also need to get a set of wiring harness adapters to make them work with the S197 harness.

These?
http://www.brenspeed.com/296-420-191.html

Do you have a FP sensor sender adaptor? I have the Metco one I believe, I already had to make a notch in the intake. I don't think notching it out another 1/2'' is good...

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
These?
http://www.brenspeed.com/296-420-191.html

Do you have a FP sensor sender adaptor? I have the Metco one I believe, I already had to make a notch in the intake. I don't think notching it out another 1/2'' is good...

I ordered my adapters from FRPP - they're one piece (ie - no wire in between). Those ones would probably work fine though.

I mounted the FP sensor on the rail but the position is moved a bit and rotated 90 degrees from stock. I had to heat the inlet tube and change the position of the notch. I don't think it impedes the airflow much if at all.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Update.
Pulled the motor out of the car, brought it and the new motor to a shop today. Removed everything off the old motor to transfer over to the new one. Found that two rods are snapped and one piston is disintegrated.
I took the heads off and found that at least two of the valves are bent.

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg
DSCN0015.jpg

My dilemma now is whether or not I should buy replacement valves or shoot for aftermarket heads.

I would rather right now buy the valves if that is even advisable and go for the heads down the road. Think I should even bother if I am shooting for 500-550whp? Another question is what comes with bent valves? Will that affect the retainers, springs or anything?

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Yeah they are pretty expensive. I had my stocks heads reworked to save a little money. Didnt save a whole hell of alot but did leave a little coin in my pocket.

stanglifemike

aka boostedbanana
Reaction score
Looks like a fun build!! How much is the Aluminator? I'm assuming its a short block, or is it just the block?

You should add a BMR adjustable UCA and UCA mount to your list.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I got the head situation figured out in a hurry. Drove almost 500km's to pick up a set from Brian (DirtyDogOfTheDesert). Put everything together as much as I could ran into another smaller problem. I don't have a pilot bearing! So the project is on hold until Saturday.

Here it is as it is.
DSCN0038.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back