07 Aluminator build

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
wow. ive been looking for a build like this... THANK YOU!

btw. i always thought that the aluminator was a 4v dohc long block. or is it available either way?

Last edited:

S197steve

Go Steelers!
Reaction score
That looks awesome man, very cool! Will you be able to drop the motor like that or will you need to remove the manifolds?

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow. ive been looking for a build like this... THANK YOU!

btw. i always thought that the aluminator was a 4v dohc long block. or is it available either way?

This is the 3V version, it does not come with heads though.

That looks awesome man, very cool! Will you be able to drop the motor like that or will you need to remove the manifolds?

I took out the motor with the Manifolds and transmission on so I will put it back in that way too haha

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looking good Alex! good luck on the completed job!

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Ran into another small problem. Need two more flywheel bolts. Haha another three days down. Man it always seems to be the small stuff that gets you!

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Ran into another small problem. Need two more flywheel bolts. Haha another three days down. Man it always seems to be the small stuff that gets you!

Ya i just realized this as well and ordered the arp 8 bolt kit. I realized before I got my motor though but Im sure something will come up and create down time.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Strange I can not edit my first post...
Quick question. Guys think 60lb injectors dual fuel pumps are good for up to 600whp? My immediate goals are around 520whp. Should I get the KB dual BAP?

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Awesome build man. Looking forward to seeing it finished and some numbers. Subscribing...

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
Strange I can not edit my first post...
Quick question. Guys think 60lb injectors dual fuel pumps are good for up to 600whp? My immediate goals are around 520whp. Should I get the KB dual BAP?

60's with the dual pumps will be fine.

05bluestang

Resident Riceburner Kille
Reaction score
Damn man, that's an awsome build. That low compression Ford short block is what I'm gonna use once the time comes for my build. Great work, can't wait to see the final numbers on this one.....:thumb:

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree you'll be fine with the 60's and your dual pump setup.

Should you need a KB dual BAP down the road, a buddy of mine has a brand new one he bought a year and a half ago and has never installed, that I can get for you if/when the time comes.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Important question:

Do you guys think my Whipple tune (procal) will work with my new setup? The only thing that is really changing is the lower compression, heads, and 6 speed haha. And by work I mean idle and/or drive it from the shop to my house. Or should I not even attempt to start it? (injectors, fuel pump, blower, gears are all the same still)

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
I thought you went with 60lb injectors? The Steeda 10-rib low boost setup is still higher than the 6-rib Whipple HO setup I believe. You are SCT now right? If so, I'd get your tuner (EB?) to give you a series of starter tunes moving both ways from a baseline and perhaps be online over the phone with you when you start it up. You should be able to shift in the required direction based on datalogging and get to a safe base tune for simply getting it on/off a truck/trailer and onto the dyno. I wouldn't drive it without a custom tune but then again I've only done this once (so far).

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have not bought the 60#'s yet.
Have been talking to him about it. I want to get the car running and moving before I do any tuning. Just in case.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Important question:

Do you guys think my Whipple tune (procal) will work with my new setup? The only thing that is really changing is the lower compression, heads, and 6 speed haha. And by work I mean idle and/or drive it from the shop to my house. Or should I not even attempt to start it? (injectors, fuel pump, blower, gears are all the same still)

Haha can someone answer this question for me?!

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
Haha can someone answer this question for me?!

i dont think so. i think that compression will make a huge difference in required tune. im sure your shop will send you a temporary tune if you assure them that they will be dynotuning in the next few hours/days.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
If those are the only changes I would start it and see how it runs . Just stay out of boost and watch the WB. How far is it from shop to the house ? If in doubt just call that wrecker in your sig .

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Important question:

i dont think so. i think that compression will make a huge difference in required tune. im sure your shop will send you a temporary tune if you assure them that they will be dynotuning in the next few hours/days.

By shop I mean an Audio shop that I used to work at. There are no dynos for 450kms (281.5miles) from here. Shop is a good 10km's from my house. (6.25miles) [I Americanized it for you guys]

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
By shop I mean an Audio shop that I used to work at. There are no dynos for 450kms (281.5miles) from here. Shop is a good 10km's from my house. (6.25miles) [I Americanized it for you guys]

call someone that regularly works on mustangs and have them write/send you a tune for your build IMO.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back