C&L Arrived for N/A Big Bore Stroker.. Pics!

MickeySaleen

Barricade
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and have been a regular on Modded Mustangs for a couple of years. A link to a thread about the C&L manifold brought me over here and opened my eyes to a whole other knowledge base so here I am and I'm loving what I'm reading. I'll get my garage and sig up soon.
You're welcome :clap: Whats up rstrick

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I hope the gains will be 25 or more rwhp from the manifold.

BlownPony306

forum member
Reaction score
Looks amazing! As everyone else has stated, I can't wait to see what sort of numbers this beast lays down!

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
i got me a boner off those pics...jesus that motor looks sweet

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response, I've been extremely busy and in and out quite a bit lately. Just wanted to give a quick update.

We had the car on the dyno with the stock intake manifold and Ford Racing Throttle Body. It made 403 RWHP with the start-up tune and I think there is probably 10 HP more or so in the tune. We took the car off the dyno, because we want to put aside a full day where we can get the most out of it with the stock manifold, then swap the C&L manifold and a few other things all in the same day. We may also try the C&L racer CAI which should arrive Monday.

Hopefully I'll have more results within the next week.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Rick, I can see at least an 30rwhp gain from the C&L Racer/Manifold combined if you test them together.

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
That's sick! I def see a similar setup in my future.
Would you see any issue with throwing a 75-100 shot at the motor as well?

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Very Nice , Rick is the 323 only available in high compression set up or will Livernoise also be making a lower compression engine as well.

Pete

o0Dan0o

forum member
Reaction score
Is the car an auto? I have to confess a little disappointment. I mean, there are a few cars with heads/cams and full bolt-ons making 380+ rwhp, so I'd expect an extra 42 ci and an extra point of compression to net a bit more than ~30 rwhp. Though the stock intake has to really choke this setup, maybe the C&L will let it breath and then the numbers will really fly.
Dan

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
That's sick! I def see a similar setup in my future.
Would you see any issue with throwing a 75-100 shot at the motor as well?

I see no issue with nitrous.

Very Nice , Rick is the 323 only available in high compression set up or will Livernoise also be making a lower compression engine as well.

Pete

We can build a low compression version for boost as well.

Is the car an auto? I have to confess a little disappointment. I mean, there are a few cars with heads/cams and full bolt-ons making 380+ rwhp, so I'd expect an extra 42 ci and an extra point of compression to net a bit more than ~30 rwhp. Though the stock intake has to really choke this setup, maybe the C&L will let it breath and then the numbers will really fly.
Dan

No, It's a manual. IIRC, it made 280 RWHP stock. Even though it is a big bore stroker, it's still small cubes. A stock Shelby GT500 or 427ci LS7 Z06 only makes 440 RWHP on this dyno.

Like I said, I think there is more power left as it sits and we are hoping for good gains with the intake/CAI.

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I've never seen over 400rwhp w/o an aftermarket intake manifold before. :O

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back